Jennifer A. Tower, CPA, CAAssurance & Advisory Services
| Commodity Tax Services
Jennifer is a principal and leads the Commodity Tax Group at Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP. She joined the firm in 2014 in the Assurance & Advisory Services Group. Jennifer has more than 15 years of experience working with owner-managed businesses, privately-held companies and not-for-profit organizations.
In addition to her work in Assurance & Advisory, Jennifer advises clients on a variety of issues including GST/HST, PST, RST, QST, and other transaction-based taxes. In a world with an increase in the number of online businesses and cross border transactions, our clients are susceptible to tax consequences that they may not be aware of. The system is complex and Jennifer is here to help clients navigate through the legislation.
- Bachelor of Commerce with co-operative education, Dalhousie University - 2005
- Chartered Accountant, Alberta – 2008
- Numerous professional development courses through the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta, the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Provides accounting and assurance services to companies
- Planning for owner-managed business
- Audit services provided to not-for-profit organizations
- Advises clients on accounting and tax issues for complex client transactions
- Advises clients on commodity tax related issues
- Helps clients through CRA audit, objections and the appeals process with the Canada Revenue Agency with GST/HST issues
- Past Treasurer, Board of Directors, 630 CHED Santas Anonymous
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (formerly CICA)