Allan fills a unique role at KRP as our farm tax specialist. Since joining us in 2000, he’s been our go-to expert for areas such as agricultural tax, family farmland and estate planning, and government agricultural programs. Our agricultural clients count on him to guide them through different stages of the business cycle, including acquisitions, divestitures and succession planning.
- Numerous CICA, CPA Alberta, CPA Canada and other advanced tax courses, 1999 to present
- CAFA, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors, 2008
- Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta, 1993 to 1997
- Bachelor of Commerce with Distinction, University of Alberta, 1989 to 1993
Allan focuses on corporate and partnership reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions and income tax compliance (both personal and corporate). He assists clients with estate and tax planning for owner-managed companies, as well as personal and corporate tax planning for family farm operations. He also supervises personal and corporate tax returns for farm clients as well as special farm programs eligible for family farm operations.
Allan shares his knowledge as widely as possible. He has presented on numerous topics to clients, staff, financial institutions, farm organizations and the general public. He is also a regular presenter at farm tax conferences.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors (CAFA)
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member, Edmonton Lawyer and Accountant Tax Discussion Group