Don’t be caught off guard. Let our experts help you plan ahead and understand how indirect taxes affect your transactions.
Avoid unwanted surprises
Indirect taxes, also known as commodity taxes, are often overlooked and can lead to costly consequences. Our experts are here to help avoid these costly mistakes, and help navigate through complex tax requirements that vary across all provinces and territories.
Our experienced team specializes in indirect taxes like GST/HST, QST, PST, RST, and Excise Duties. With the proper skills and foresight, we'll help you plan ahead so you know how these taxes can impact your transaction.
KRP’s indirect tax services include:
- Expertise in areas of cryptocurrency, First Nations, real estate, corporate reorganizations, intangible property, e-commerce, digital services, not-for-profits, government, imports, and exports
- Expertise in addressing single vs. multiple supply issues frequently found in medical fields
- Planning to minimize indirect taxes on transactions within the same corporate group
- Planning to minimize the effect of GST/HST on real property transactions
- Assisting tax payers with CRA and provincial bodies for reviews, audits, appeals and notices of objections
- Analyzing business models and plans to assess compliance risk, enable financial planning, and reduce associated costs
- Analyzing accounting systems to assess compliance risk, reduce tax payable, and maximize tax refundable
- Filing voluntary disclosures, ruling requests, and technical interpretations with the Canada Revenue Agency
Insights and News
How to Sell Your Business
A guide outlining the steps, processes, and options when selling a business
Canadian Federal Budget 2023
On March 28, 2023, the Canadian Federal Government presented Budget 2023.
Canada’s New Underused Housing Tax
The federal government has legislated a new tax return and tax on underused housing in Canada.
Scientific Research Experimental Development Claims
Our tax professionals can help you maximize your company’s tax credit potential and guide you through the complex SR&ED eligibility process.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our team can help you develop tailored solutions for your company’s financial challenges.
Agriculture / Farm Tax
When you’re facing changes that affect your livelihood, our farm tax specialist can help.
International Corporate Tax
If your business operates outside of Canada, you need experienced advisors to keep you on top of your tax obligations.
Retirement & Estate Planning
Our team specializes in estate planning and can review your unique circumstances to provide tailored solutions for your family.
Our team at KRP specializes in bridging the gap between blockchain technology and traditional accounting practices.
Assurance & Accounting
You can count on us to deliver the accurate and timely financial information you need to succeed.
Reviews & Compilations
When a full audit is not required, KRP can conduct a review or compilation to ensure your financial statements are put together in a professional manner.
Take back your time and take your business to new levels with KRP’s cloud accounting services.
Accounting & Financial Reporting
KRP’s specialists can guide you and your company through your accounting and financial reporting.
Consulting & Special Projects
When you’re up against a challenge, you can count on us for creative, cutting-edge thinking and innovative solutions.
People & Change
When you need assistance related to people and change, our experienced professionals can tailor solutions to help your organization thrive.
Risk Management & Internal Audit
We provide the independent and objective outlook you need to make sound decisions for your organization.
Business & Financial Advisory
Reach your goals sooner with the strategic advice of our knowledgeable consultants.
Before you undertake a major development project, let our experts help you evaluate and plan the best way forward.
Financial Litigation Support and Loss Quantification
KRP’s experienced Financial Litigation Support and Loss Quantification team offer a full range of expert services to the legal and business community.
Our financial experts can help you navigate challenges toward the best possible result.