Brad Taylor, CPA, CA, TEPTaxation
Brad Taylor is a Partner in the Taxation department with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP and practices exclusively in the taxation area. His focus areas include corporate reorganizations, personal and corporate tax planning and compliance for owner managed businesses, trust and estate planning and compliance, and partnership compliance.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (TEP Designation)- 2014
- CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Program, Levels 1, 2 and 3 - 2013
- Member of Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA) and Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta (formerly ICAA) - 2011
- University of Alberta, Bachelor of Commerce - 2008
Brad has been practicing with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP since 2008, joining the taxation group in 2011.
He has presented sessions on tax issues to staff, clients, various financial institutions and their clients and has published articles with “Law Now Magazine” and “Video Tax News”. He has past involvement with the Chartered Accountant School of Business as an online facilitator and case reviewer.
Selected Tax Experience:
- Tax and succession planning for owner-managed businesses through the implementation of estate freezes, family trusts, and corporate reorganizations. Plans may allow for income splitting amongst various family members, creditor protection and allow future business growth to accrue to the next generation.
- Tax planning strategies utilizing tax deferral opportunities in order to increase family wealth.
- Design and implementation of employee participation plans allowing key employees to participate in either the direct or indirect ownership of the business.
- Postmortem tax planning to minimize taxes for estates and their beneficiaries.
- Preparation, review and supervision of others in compliance filings for individuals, corporations, testamentary and inter-vivos trusts, and partnerships.
- Successfully assist taxpayers in preparation and submission of overdue tax filings under the Canada Revenue Agency’s Voluntary Disclosures Program avoiding significant late filing and failure to comply penalties.
- Work with clients’ legal counsel to review trust deeds and wills during drafting stages to ensure clients’ goals are achieved and desired tax objectives are met.
- Representation of taxpayers to Canada Revenue Agency during audits and appeals, including the preparation of Notices of Objection.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta (formerly ICAA)
- Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta (formerly ICAA), Personal Income Tax Clinic Volunteer since 2009
- Past President of Morello Gate Condominium Corporation 2008 - 2014
- Outdoor sports enthusiast including running, hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding and golfing