Neil has 40 years of experience in public practice advisory services. He specializes in providing business advisory services to owner-managed businesses and not-for-profit organizations. These services include accounting, auditing, income tax planning, assistance with financing, advice on business purchase or sale, exit planning strategies, estate planning and preparation of terminal and estate tax returns. He has overseen some of KRP's largest client business sales and divestitures.
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA) and Fellow Chartered Professional Accountant (FCPA), 2018
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP), 2003
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), 1998
- Chartered Accountant, Alberta, 1984
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta, 1981
Neil has significant experience in providing services to the construction industry, medical and health professionals, real estate developers and investors, and Not-for-Profit organizations. He serves clients that report under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and Accounting Standards for Not for Profit Organizations (ASNPO).
Neil is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP). He has served as a facilitator for professional development courses through the Provincial Institutes of Chartered Accountants and serves on the DFK Canada Professional Standards Committee. Neil has been recognized as a Fellow with an FCPA/FCA designation for outstanding leadership in student and member education and community service.
Professional & Community Activities
- Finance Committee, Rotary Club of Edmonton Riverview
- Director, Youth Services, Rotary Club of Edmonton Riverview
- Finance Committee, Windermere Golf & Country Club
- Member, FCPA Nomination Committee – CPA Alberta
- Finance Committee, River Valley Alliance
- Treasurer, MTRS Club Soccer Society
- Firm Representative, DFK Canada Professional Standards Committee
- Able Toastmaster
- Past Member, DFK International Accounting and Assurance Committee
- Past Treasurer, Southwest United Sports Club
- Past Treasurer, Rotary Club of Edmonton Riverview
- Past Treasurer, Edmonton Special Olympics
- Past Chair, ICAA Task Force on Not-for-Profit Accounting Standards
- Past consultant with Junior Achievement of Northern Alberta