Ruben joined KRP in 2014, bringing an extensive background in audit and assurance. He’s worked closely with entrepreneurial businesses in a large variety of industries, as well as with a large variety of not-for-profit organizations. Ruben also offers consulting services to many companies, including corporate reorganizations and restructuring and family estate planning.
- Chartered Accountant, Alberta, 1997
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta, 1994
Prior to joining KRP, Ruben was a partner at a national accounting firm for five years. He was previously also a partner at Veres Picton Co. LLP for 10 years before it merged its practice into the national accounting firm.
Ruben’s experience includes providing audit services to not-for-profit organizations, corporate reorganizations, estate planning for owners/manager, mergers and acquisitions support and employee participation in private enterprise business. He has worked with businesses in diverse industries, including manufacturing, construction, hospitality, commercial and residential real estate, and oilfield supply and rental organizations.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta
- Past Treasurer, Miss Rodeo Canada
- Past Treasurer, St. Albert Tennis Club
- Member, Glendale Golf and Country Club
- Volunteer, Coaching for Minor Hockey and Soccer
- Volunteer, Tennis Instructor